We’re so excited to invite you to join us on a Pilgrimage to Assisi Italy, the home of St Francis & St Clare. Assisi is a fortified town on the side of a mountain overlooking a beautiful valley in the Perugia region of Italy. Francis and Clare committed themselves to lives of prayer, simplicity, and healing at the margins; we will lead you in a leisurely exploration of the history and practices of these remarkable saints.
We will visit the sites of each of these saints’ conversions and will enter spaces of contemplation, prayer, and reflection. Everyone will stay in or near the walled city, and we’ll provide a schedule of activities, including contemplative practices at various sites, but everything is optional. Most people have a sense of their favorite places by the end of the week and want to just go back and spend time there. There will be lots of time for rest, exploration, and eating some of the best food in the world.
- Dates: April 23-30, 2019
- Assisi is small & very walkable, though we’re good friends with a taxi driver if you can’t/not feeling up for walking.
- Elizabeth & Matt will be responsible for planning and leading our time together, guiding lodging reservations, and managing common expenses.
- Anticipated cost is $780/person + airfare (including everything needed in Assisi)
- We typically gather in Rome. The dates reflect a meet-up in Rome on the 23, a head-in to Assisi together that day or the next (24) and a return to Rome on April 30 for flights either that day or the next. Days in Rome are not built in.
- Rome is typically the best city to fly in and out of, although Florence works as well.
If you’re interested in coming and would like updates on details as they shape up, please let us know here!